Posted: September 15, 2023
Due to the observed drop in annual rainfall amounts and higher-than-normal daily temperatures in the surrounding area, the Greenwood Utility District (the “District”) is implementing Stage 1 of its Drought Contingency Plan immediately. The District’s Drought Contingency Plan requests that any customer of the District:
- Utilize water conservation measures (such as displacement bags, low-flow shower heads and leak detection tablets) and minimize or discontinue water use for non-essential purposes. Additional water conservation tips can be found at https://wateru.nhcrwa.com and www.irrygator.com.
- Limit irrigation to no more than two (2) days per week, between 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. following the schedules below:
- Customers with a street address ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8) may irrigate landscaped areas on Sundays and Thursdays.
- Customers with a street address ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9) may irrigate landscaped areas on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
- Those responsible for watering common areas such as greenbelts, esplanades or sports fields are requested to limit irrigation to Mondays and Fridays.
- Outdoor watering is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.