Through the District’s website you can easily find links to the following services:
Greenwood Utility District, through the dedication of its Directors and Consultants, is committed to providing the highest quality service at the most economical costs to its customers and taxpayers.
Posted: September 15, 2023
Due to the observed drop in annual rainfall amounts and higher-than-normal daily temperatures in the surrounding area, the Greenwood Utility District (the “District”) is implementing Stage 1 of its Drought Contingency Plan immediately. The District’s Drought Contingency Plan requests that any customer of the District:
- Utilize water conservation measures (such as displacement bags, low-flow shower heads and leak detection tablets) and minimize or discontinue water use for non-essential purposes. Additional water conservation tips can be found at https://wateru.nhcrwa.com and www.irrygator.com.
- Limit irrigation to no more than two (2) days per week, between 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. following the schedules below:
- Customers with a street address ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8) may irrigate landscaped areas on Sundays and Thursdays.
- Customers with a street address ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9) may irrigate landscaped areas on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
- Those responsible for watering common areas such as greenbelts, esplanades or sports fields are requested to limit irrigation to Mondays and Fridays.
- Outdoor watering is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
It’s been a hot, dry summer. We hope you are keeping cool and hydrated indoors. At this time, we don’t anticipate water restrictions for our district, but for the latest news please refer to our website throughout the month.
Greenwood Board of Directors
Whether you are new to the neighborhood or have lived here for many years, you may have questions about what the charges are on your bill. Check out the handy guide MDS, our operator, has on their website. View Bill Guide
“Texas Utility Help can give financial assistance to qualified Texas homeowners and renters with low income. Eligible expenses include water and wastewater.” To see if you qualify visit their website. TexasUtilityHelp.com
Join us for our monthly meetings on the third Wednesday of each month. Never been to a meeting? Public comments are taken at the beginning. Arrive early and voice your concerns or ask questions about your water and wastewater services. View Schedule
READ THE LATEST NEWS FROM GREENWOOD UD
The construction to improve the drainage systems in Evergreen Villas and Hidden Meadow has started. Check our website for updates regarding the projects and contact information for any questions or concerns. Read More